Pages

Thursday 11 July 2013

Ramadan is here once again!








I will be bringing you recipes for the traditional Sylheti food my family and I enjoy at Ifthar time (breaking of the fast) during the holy month of Ramadhan...Pictured above: Sana Bazi (chick pea dish), Kisoori (savoury rice pudding), Samosas, Dalir Bora (Lentil Dumplings) & Kebabs.




It's no secret that my husband is of Pakistani/Indian origin.  The great thing about our mixed union is that I've become exposed to a whole other delicious cuisine: Pakistani Food! So for Ifthar one day, I prepared Dahi Barey (yoghurt dumplings), Chana Chaat (Spicy Chick Pea Salad), Kabuli Chana Chawal (Split Chick Pea Pilau Rice) served with Raita (yoghurt dish) & Hara Chutney (Green Chutney).  Recipes are available now.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment