Pages

Thursday, 11 July 2013

Ramadan is here once again!








I will be bringing you recipes for the traditional Sylheti food my family and I enjoy at Ifthar time (breaking of the fast) during the holy month of Ramadhan...Pictured above: Sana Bazi (chick pea dish), Kisoori (savoury rice pudding), Samosas, Dalir Bora (Lentil Dumplings) & Kebabs.




It's no secret that my husband is of Pakistani/Indian origin.  The great thing about our mixed union is that I've become exposed to a whole other delicious cuisine: Pakistani Food! So for Ifthar one day, I prepared Dahi Barey (yoghurt dumplings), Chana Chaat (Spicy Chick Pea Salad), Kabuli Chana Chawal (Split Chick Pea Pilau Rice) served with Raita (yoghurt dish) & Hara Chutney (Green Chutney).  Recipes are available now.


 


2 comments:

  1. The blessed month of Ramadan has arrived, bringing with it endless mercy, forgiveness, and opportunities for spiritual growth. It’s a time for prayer, fasting, self-reflection, and giving, drawing us closer to Allah (SWT) and our loved ones. May this Ramadan be filled with peace, barakah, and blessings for all! 🤲💖

    Let’s also recite Dua e Masura , seeking Allah’s guidance, protection, and forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sylheti and Pakistani dishes make an interesting iftar menu, especially the different ways chickpeas appear in the meal. A small preparation idea from Art-Galleyset, a kitchen-utensil store: group the ingredients and utensils by dish before starting, with separate serving spoons for the raita and green chutney. Preparing the cold accompaniments first and keeping them chilled leaves more workspace for shaping samosas and lentil dumplings closer to serving time.

    ReplyDelete